Trumpet Vine -pillow / block 6 of 9 - 16x16
Heralding Summer's Beauty...
applique and reverse applique pattern - hand and machine directions
(16" x 16")
The sixth block in the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt series (9 blocks in total to make up a quilt) - start yours now and collect all 9 blocks. Add the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV Expansion pattern - with an applique wrought iron gate to sash and border your lovely garden of flowers to make the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV.
Trumpet Vine is a smaller-scale applique project - perfect for beginning quilters and appliquers.
Bring a touch of spring & summer inside. Create this block to fit into a quilt or turn it into a pillow.
Pattern includes all three directions for creation.
- Reverse applique by hand
- Reverse applique by machine
- Mix applique and reverse applique for extra 3D effect: reverse applique the stems and leaves, then applique the flowers to make them really pop.
finished dimensions: 16 in x 16 in
- background fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- top fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- backing (for pillow or wall-hanging versions): ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- 3-colour applique and reverse applique version: add fat quarter or scraps for blossoms
- batting: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in) [for blocks, this is not needed until you stitch the whole quilt together]
- for machine reverse applique: you will also need ½ yd (18 in x 18 in) of fusible webbing
- for pillow version: 16 in x 16 in pillow form