Thistle- 7 of 9 Pillow/ blocks - 16x16
Strength in beauty...
applique and reverse applique pattern - hand and machine directions
Stand tall and strong cloaked with noble character, and bloom beautifully where you are planted.
The seventh block in the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt series (9 blocks in total) - Collect all 9 - 16" x 16" blocks. Add the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV Expansion pattern - with an applique wrought iron gate to sash and border your lovely garden of flowers to make the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV.
Thistle is a smaller-scale applique project - perfect for beginning - intermediate quilters and appliquers.
Bring a touch of spring & summer inside. Create this block to fit into a quilt or turn it into a pillow.
Pattern includes all three directions for creation.
- Reverse applique by hand
- Reverse applique by machine
- Mix the two for extra 3D effect: reverse applique the stems and leaves, then applique the flowers to make them really pop.
finished dimensions: 16 in x 16 in
- background fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- top fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- 3-colour applique and reverse applique version: add fat quarter or scraps for blossoms
- batting: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in) [for blocks, this is not needed until you stitch the whole thing together]
- for machine reverse applique: you will also need ½ yd (18 in x 18 in) of fusible webbing
- for pillow version: 16 in x 16 in pillow form