Reverse appliqué pattern – Combine Reverse Applique with Applique or Reverse Applique only by Hand or Machine
(26" x 26")
Enjoy the exciting creativity of quilting with this pattern for all stitching levels. Sweetheart Sorbet has hand and machine instructions to make it in reverse applique only, or reverse applique with applique for added dimension. The design was inspired by a Celtic Swirl logo I discovered in Edinburgh, Scotland. Our reverse applique with applique sample was made in gorgeous hand-dyed fabrics by Stipples, Etc. - the colors of sorbet. Our hand reverse applique was created in batiks from my stash, and the machine sample with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. See what the design inspires in you. Pattern comes with step-by-step directions for our easier method of reverse applique and full-size pattern piece, so there's no need to enlarge the pattern or re-position as you trace.
Finished dimensions: 26 in x 26 in
Reverse Applique with Applique- Hand dyed fabrics by Stipples, Etc.
- Background Fabric: 1 yard Orangey-red (30 in x 30 in)
- Top Fabric: 1 yard Dark Purple fabric (30 in x 30 in)
- Added Applique: 1 fat quarter each of Turquoise Blue, Green, Yellow & Orchid
- Backing Fabric: 1 yard square (30 in x 30 in)
- Binding: 1/4 yard (3 strips) Orchid
Reverse Applique by Hand * or Machine **
- Background: 1 yard light fabric (30 in x 30 in)
- Top: 1 yard medium or dark fabric (30 in x 30 in)
- Binding: 1/4 yard
- Backing: 1 yard (30 in x 30 in)
* for hand reverse applique version of this quilt, it is important to use a background fabric that you can see through to trace the design with or without a light box.
** When making by machine reverse applique you can use dark or light materials for your background. Paper-backed iron-on fusible (try our Soft Fuse) 26 in x 26 in; for reverse applique & applique version you also need fusible for the applique