Lily: 1 of 9 Pillows/blocks 16x16
A Spot Of Summer Cheer
applique and reverse applique pattern - hand and machine directions
(16" x 16")
The first block in the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt series (9 blocks in total to make up a quilt) - Collect all 9 - 16" x 16" blocks and make a quilt.
Lily is a small, lovely project for a first foray into the world of reverse needle-turn applique - perfect for beginning quilters.
Create this block to bring summer into your home all year long. Toss it onto your bed after it's made or keep it in the corner of your living room chair for an added touch of beauty. Or make it as a block to fit into a quilt.
Add the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV Expansion pattern - with an applique wrought iron gate to sash and border your lovely garden of flowers to make the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV.
Pattern includes all three directions for creation.
- Reverse applique by hand
- Reverse applique by machine
- Mix the two for extra 3D effect: reverse applique the stems and leaves, then applique the flowers to make them really pop.
finished dimensions: 16 in x 16 in
- background fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- top fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- if using reverse applique for flowers: add fat quarter or scraps for blossoms
- batting: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in) [for blocks, this is not needed until you stitch the whole thing together]
- for machine reverse applique: you will also need ½ yd (18 in x 18 in) of fusible webbing
- for pillow version: 16 in x 16 in pillow form