Fuschsia : 8 of 9 pillow/blocks - 16 x16
Luscious and lovely. An intoxicating beauty.
applique and reverse applique pattern - hand and machine directions
(16" x 16")
As the Fuchsia blossoms spill over in a profusion of blooms, may you have overflowing abundance.
The eighth block in the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt series (9 blocks in total) - Collect all 9 - 16" x 16" blocks and make a quilt. Add the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV Expansion pattern - with an applique wrought iron gate to sash and border your lovely garden of flowers to make the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV.
Bring a touch of Spring & Summer inside.
Fuchsia is a smaller-scale applique project - perfect for beginning quilters and appliquers.
Create this block and turn it into a pillow or make it as a block to fit into a quilt.
Pattern includes all three directions for creation.
- Reverse applique by hand
- Reverse applique by machine
- Mix the two for extra 3D effect: reverse applique the stems and leaves, then applique the flowers to make them really pop
finished dimensions: 16 in x 16 in
- background fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- top fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- 3-colour applique and reverse applique version: add fat quarter or scraps for blossoms
- batting: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in) [for blocks, this is not needed until you stitch the whole thing together]
- for machine reverse applique: you will also need ½ yd (18 in x 18 in) of fusible webbing
- for pillow version: 16 in x 16 in pillow form