Apple Blossom: 4 of 9 - 16x16
Come sit under the apple tree with me...
applique and reverse applique pattern - hand and machine directions
(16" x 16")
Don't sit under the Apple tree with anyone else but me.
Apple Blossom is the fourth block in the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt series (9 blocks in total) - Collect all 9 - 16" x 16" blocks. Add the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV Expansion pattern - with an applique wrought iron gate to sash and border your lovely garden of flowers to make the Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV. Bring a touch of Spring & Summer inside. Create this block and turn it into a pillow or make it as a block to fit into a quilt.
Apple Blossom is a smaller-scale applique project with simple shapes - perfect for beginning quilters and appliquers.
Pattern includes all three directions for creation.
- Reverse applique by hand
- Reverse applique by machine
- Mix the two for extra 3D effect: reverse applique the stems and leaves, then applique the flowers to make them really pop.
finished dimensions: 16 in x 16 in
- background fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- top fabric: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in)
- 3-colour applique and reverse applique version: add fat quarter or scraps for blossoms
- batting: ½ yard (18 in x 18 in) [for blocks, this is not needed until you stitch the whole thing together]
- for machine reverse applique: you will also need ½ yd (18 in x 18 in) of fusible webbing
- for pillow version: 16 in x 16 in pillow form